Search

Advertisement

Coen provides some clarity to Jaguars OL unit, but questions remain

Advertisement

Following the Jacksonville Jaguars' preseason game with Carolina, head coach Liam Coen provided some clarity around what the starting offensive line configuration could look like this season once healthy.

Cole Van Lanen was activated off the physically unable to perform (PUP) list last week. Presumably, there will be a ramp-up period before he's fully back to 11-on-11 work, but when that time comes, Coen says Van Lanen will take over at right tackle, meaning Anton Harrison is staying at left tackle.

Liam Coen says Cole Van Lanen will rep at RT when he’s back fully.

So, Anton Harrison is the #Jaguars Left Tackle.

— John Shipley (@_John_Shipley) August 22, 2026

In Van Lanen's absence, Harrison has been working at left tackle throughout the summer.

What does the rest of the Jaguars' starting offensive line unit look like?

So what we know right now is that Harrison and Van Lanen will be the tackles, while Robert Hainsey will start at center. However, still to be determined is who the starting guards will be.

We know that Ezra Cleveland will start, but will it be on the left side or right side? If at right guard, the Jaguars could slide rookie Emmanuel Pregnon into the starting left guard role.

Another option is keeping Cleveland at left guard, which then creates a competition between Walker Little, Daniel Faalele, and Wyatt Milum for the starting right guard job. Jonah Monheim could be in that mix as well.

Injuries have been prevalent this summer for the Jaguars' offensive line unit, but the return of Van Lanen gives Coen options as he constructs the best starting five combination.

This article originally appeared on Jaguars Wire: Coen provides some clarity to Jaguars OL unit, but questions remain

Source: Yahoo Sports

Advertisement

Comments (0)

Be the first to write a comment.

Leave a Comment