Nottingham Forest boss Oliver Glasner is hopeful of up to three new signings before the end of the transfer window.
The former Crystal Palace head coach expects Forest to be busy in the final two weeks of the window, after a 2-0 friendly win over Ligue 1 side Stade Brest at the City Ground.
Chris Wood's penalty and Luca Netz's goal earned Forest victory on Sunday in their final pre-season game.
Summer signing Xaver Schlager started but with just the midfielder and Ousmane Diomande as new arrivals Glasner is eager for more.
He said: "We have two or three additions in the pipeline, let's say like this.
"It's always two clubs, the player and the agent and as soon as these four parties find an agreement we will have another player.
"I'm very pleased so far. We brought two top players in with Schlager and Diomande. I think everybody can see the impact Schlager can have in our game.
"Diomande is just at the beginning of the pre-season, after a longer break after the World Cup, so he will need a little bit of time to be fully fit.
"Having two players from top five leagues, both played more than 100 games, for their country, playing Champions League football, that will give us quality and experience. So far everything we wanted to do we already did."
Glasner, though, declined to elaborate on Forest's work in the final weeks of the window.
"It just makes it more expensive," he added.
The Austrian also confirmed there was never any chance of Morgan Gibbs-White leaving the City Ground after Elliot Anderson's £116m move to Manchester City.
"It was clear after selling Elliot Anderson that none of our starters will leave the club. That's a commitment from the ownership and no player has asked to leave the club," he said.
"[Gibbs-White leaving] was never a topic. We didn't have to talk about it – it was a non-verbal agreement. We looked each other in the eye, because we want to be successful. If we want to strengthen the squad it makes no sense to sell starters."
Glasner rested many of his stars on Sunday, including Gibbs-White and new defender Diomande after a behind-closed-doors friendly with Coventry on Saturday, which Forest won 2-0.
It gave an insight into the manager's thinking ahead of Saturday's Premier League home opener against Leeds.
Only Wood, Nicolas Dominguez, Schlager and Callum Hudson-Odoi may be viewed as in contention to start.
Arnaud Kalimuendo started on the right with Zach Abbott, Jair Cunha and Morato making up the back three.
"We played very well, created some good chances and always being compact. I'm very pleased what I could see," said Glasner, who confirmed Ryan Yates is expected to miss Saturday's opener.
Leave a Comment