Search

Advertisement

Injury update for Bills OL Connor McGovern

Advertisement

The Buffalo Bills could be without their starting center on their offensive line for the rest of the preseason but hopefully not the longer.

During Buffalo's 29-14 preseason-opening win against the Carolina Panthers, Connor McGovern did not play. It was Lloyd Cushenberry taking the first-team reps and snapping the ball to quarterback Josh Allen.

McGovern sustained a lower-body injury during the Bills' first open practice on Aug. 9 and has yet to return to the field. It's unclear exactly what McGovern's injury is but we have a timetable thanks to him.

Despite not playing against the Panthers, McGovern appeared in Buffalo's locker room and declared he would be back from injury before the end of the preseason... or at least before the start of the regular season.

A "few weeks" will still be missed, though. Here's what McGovern told reporters via ESPN:

Bills center Connor McGovern chatted in the locker room postgame. In regards to his injury, he said he's "overall good" but that he'll miss "a few more weeks." He suffered a right leg injury in last week's stadium practice

McGovern said the goal is to be ready for the season

— Alaina Getzenberg (@agetzenberg) August 15, 2026

Cushenberry, 28, inked a one-year deal in Buffalo earlier this offseason. Against the Panthers, he played 15 total snaps and Pro Football Focus gave him an average mark of 59.6 overall.

Bills Wire will continue to provide updates throughout the 2026 NFL season.

This article originally appeared on Bills Wire: Injury update for Bills OL Connor McGovern

Advertisement

Comments (0)

Be the first to write a comment.

Leave a Comment