Josh
Hokit believes Alex
Pereira’s defeat dented his stardom.
Pereira was one of the biggest stars in the
Ultimate Fighting Championship when he vacated his light
heavyweight title and moved up to heavyweight. The Brazilian looked
to become the first-ever three-division champ in UFC history when
he challenged Ciryl Gane
for the interim heavyweight title at
UFC Freedom 250 this past June.
However, Gane knocked out Pereira in the second round and Hokit now
wants to fight “Poatan” after the latter returns to winning
ways.
Josh Hokit says Alex Pereira needs to rebuild momentum before a
potential matchup
Pereira’s coach and mentor, Glover
Teixeira, recently suggested that “Poatan” should fight Hokit
next to regain momentum. However, Hokit believes Pereira’s stock
has dropped considerably with the loss to Gane.
Hokit wants an incentive if he fights Pereira next. “The Incredible
Hok” notes that UFC CEO Dana
White had said that Pereira would be the greatest UFC fighter
of all time if he defeated Gane at the White House. Reacting to
Teixeira’s comments, the unbeaten heavyweight proposed a BMF title
bout between himself and the former two-division champion.
“Can we let Alex get a little bit of his aura back first?” Hokit
wrote on X. “I was teeing him up to be my Jose
Aldo-Conor [McGregor] moment and he went out and became
Ciryl
Gane’s easiest win in 5 years. But since @ufc was about to make
Alex the GOAT if he won, if he & I are next it should be for the
BMF.”
Pereira (13-4) won the middleweight title against Israel
Adesanya in 2022 and moved up after losing it in their rematch
next year. He won the light heavyweight title in 2023 and defended
it thrice within a year before losing to Magomed
Ankalaev. “Poatan” then reclaimed the title by knocking out
Ankalaev in 80 seconds in their rematch last year before moving
up.
Meanwhile, Hokit (10-0) has shot to fame with four UFC wins,
including three finishes since making his debut last year, and his
polarizing antics.
Can we let Alex get a little bit
of his aura back first? I was teeing him up to be my Jose
Aldo-Conor moment and he went out and became Ciryl Gane’s
easiest win in 5 years.
But since @ufc
was about to make Alex the GOAT if he won, if he & I are next it
should be for the BMF. 😊 https://t.co/N1BStdXhrQ— The
Incredible Hok (@Josh_HokitUFC)
August 19, 2026
Josh Hokit trolls Alex Pereira over Ciryl Gane loss, calls for BMF match
Advertisement
Advertisement
Related Articles
Cubs BCB After Dark: Would you re-sign Clay Holmes?
Aug 20, 2026
UFC 330 Slow Motion Highlights
Aug 20, 2026
Comments (0)
Be the first to write a comment.
Leave a Comment