Former France World Cup winner Paul Pogba and AS Monaco are parting ways after just six matches after the French top-flight club said a contract set to run until 2027 had been terminated early.
Monaco added in a statement on Wednesday that the separation just before the start of the new season was because targets set had only been partly achieved, based on a joint assessment.
Pogba moved to the principality in 2025 after previously being without a club.
In August 2023, after a Serie A match between his former side Juventus and Udinese, Pogba provided a positive doping sample and was banned.
He made his comeback with Monaco but the 2018 World Cup winner totalled just 115 minutes of playing time last season.
"Representing this club and the principality was an incredible experience," Pogba said in the statement.
Leave a Comment