Search

Advertisement

“Someone’s Lying”;”What’s Going ON?” – MLB Fans Baffled By Ketel Marte Situation After Diamondbacks President Demands Apologies

Advertisement
Ketel Marte - Arizona Diamondbacks | © Imagn

Diamondbacks 2B Ketel Marte has been the talk of the town since his surprising no-show for the series opener against the Red Sox at Fenway Park on Monday. Marte was placed on the 10-day IL on Thursday because of left knee inflammation, but the baseball community is widely discussing his mysterious disappearance.

Manager Torey Lovullo had little information about Marte’s absence on Monday, hoping his star player was doing all right. Marte had exited Friday night’s game against Atlanta with left-knee soreness, skipped Saturday’s game, and returned for the series finale on Sunday after receiving an injection.

While Marte traveled with the team to Boston, he didn’t show up ahead of the series opener, prompting the ballclub to place him on the restricted list for “personal reasons.” A recent statement from D-backs president Derrick Hall on the developing issue has sparked multiple fan reactions on social media.

“Someone’s lying. They can’t possibly know that he is physically safe and that he flew back to Phoenix for an MRI but also have absolutely no idea what’s happening,” one fan commented.

“Ketel Marte allegedly liked a post of him not being on the diamondbacks anymore, and the GM just said Ketel owes lot of people apologies What is going ON,” another fan commented.

Marte is one of the most influential players on the roster and has come up clutch multiple times for the D-backs in recent years. He is maintaining a solid offensive stat line this season, with a .249 batting average, 21 home runs, 67 RBIs, and a .760 OPS.

What Did D-backs GM Say About Talks With Ketel Marte and His Camp?

In addition to getting an MRI on his left knee on Thursday, Marte and his agent met with GM Mike Hazen and manager Torey Lovullo. When asked about what was discussed during the meeting, Hazen categorically declined to go into specifics, asserting that the player would talk to his teammates soon.

“I’m not gonna get into specifics. I feel like the conversation and meeting was productive. We discussed the last week. That, obviously, I’m not going to get into. He’ll talk to his teammates at some point and we’ll go from there,” Hazen told reporters.

Team owner Hall has stated that they would demand a complete explanation and a formal apology from the second baseman for his no-show. As the situation continues to develop, Arizona lost the series against Boston and will now begin a six-game homestand against the Reds and the Cubs.

Also read:

“How Is This Even Legal?” – MLB Fans React To Angels’ Adam Frazier Making ‘Absurd’ Base-Running Move Vs Astros

“Psychos Play Harder” – Willson Contreras’ Heated Interaction With Fan After Diamondbacks Loss Gets Priceless Reaction From Red Sox Analyst

College Sports Network has you covered with the latest news, analysis, insights, and trending stories in baseball,tennis, college football, men’s college basketball, women’s college basketball, and college baseball.

Source: Yahoo Sports

Advertisement

Comments (0)

Be the first to write a comment.

Leave a Comment