Namo
Fazil is at the center of several controversies after his
failed bid at an
Ultimate Fighting Championship contract.
Coming off a win on the inaugural
Most Valuable Promotions MMA card, Fazil had a lot of hype
going into his
Dana White’s Contender Series outing against Kaik Brito.
Fazil had also trash-talked quite a bit in the lead-up to the bout,
in which Brito put him to sleep in the final round.
Robert Valentin alleges Namo Fazil tried to choke him during a
confrontation in 2023
Fazil has since claimed that his performance was affected by an
assault during his weight cut. He was allegedly confronted by
15 Chechens in his hotel room while cutting weight. The alleged
attack was seemingly triggered by Fazil’s comments against Chechnya
ahead of his win over Chechen fighter Yakub
Sulimanov last year.
UFC middleweight Robert
Valentin has since accused Fazil of attacking him in Thailand
in 2023. Valentin had allegedly pushed away one of Fazil’s friends
who had threatened to slap him. Fazil then tried to choke out
Valentin, who claims to have thrown him off, resulting in a vase
breaking. The cafe where the incident took place was owned by
Fazil’s then-girlfriend’s mother, who threatened to call the cops
on Valentin.
While the incident did not escalate after Valentin walked away,
Fazil reportedly kept saying that he had choked out the Swiss
fighter.
“Namo Fazil complained about getting attacked in the hotel,”
Valentin said on Instagram Stories. “This motherf*cker attacked me
too. But that went backwards. Phuket, 2023, probably; one of his
friends told me that he’s gonna slap me in the face. So, I got up,
bear-hugged him and pushed him away. Namo came out of the cafe,
jumped on my back, tried to choke me, I threw him over, he fell, we
broke a vase. Then his then-girlfriend’s mother, who owned the
shop, told me to f*ck off or they would call the police. Nothing
happened; I went away. Then later he kept telling my manager back
then that he choked me out.”
Valentin also accused Fazil of attacking other people who were not
trained and had no affiliation with any fighters. He even shared a
video where a man can be seen threatening to stab someone with a
kitchen knife. The man can be seen running towards another with a
kitchen knife before slipping and falling over.
“And then coming back to complaining about being attacked -- it’s
the same guy that did this to harmless people, non-fighters,”
Valentin added. “People that have nothing to do with fighters. So,
each gets what they deserve; karma comes back one time. Being loud,
talking all that trash might sell some seats, might get you
recognized, but the internet never forgets, my friend.”
UFC middleweight Robert
Valentin says Namo Fazil
tried to attack him when they were training in Thailand back in
2023 and says he also attacked non fighters during a separate
incident.
“Watch my next video. This is the same guy that did this to
harmless people” pic.twitter.com/WR7uoXMja5— FULL SEND
MMA (@full_send_mma)
August 20, 2026
UFC fighter accuses failed DWCS hopeful of attacking him in Thailand
Advertisement
Advertisement
Related Articles
Comments (0)
Be the first to write a comment.
Leave a Comment